Digital Smile Design
Welcome To Digital Smile Design
Digital Smile Design (DSD) is a treatment planning approach that allows for a detailed analysis of the patient’s facial and dental structures through modern photography, videography, and digital technology. Since its inception a decade ago, DSD has changed the face of cosmetic dentistry around the world.
With Digital Smile Design, a patient’s teeth, gum tissue, lips, smile, face, and facial gestures are taken into account in order to create the most aesthetically pleasing result. A 3D image is built for the dentist with this advanced technology, allowing the dentist to tailor the treatment and reconstruction to the patient’s unique physical attributes and personality. The result is a truly unique smile, specifically designed for every patient, using Digital Smile Design software.
The Digital Smile Design Process:
- Initial Assessment: This stage focuses on gathering all of the information needed for Digital Smile Design. A digital impression, photos, and video will be taken.
- Treatment Planning and Analysis: During this stage, we take all of the data we have gathered and use this to design your new smile. Once we have created the ideal treatment plan, we create a mockup of your new smile, to show you how you could look in the future.
- Preview of the Smile: At this stage, we invite you back to the practice for your opportunity to test drive your new smile. You see what your new smile looks like before even starting treatment!
- Treatment and Financial Discussion: With Digital Smile Design, you have full control of your treatment. The costs and specific treatment necessary to achieve the results with be discussed in detail. Treatment begins only when you have made your decision about which option works best for you.
- Treatment: This state-of-the-art technology allows your dentist to track your progress and to make sure that the smile you previewed is the smile looking back at you by the end of treatment.
- The End Result: Show the world your new, confident smile!
Example of DSD Cases Completed by Dr. Fredrick Lewcock